Fresh; Healthy; Convenient
How it started
My School Lunch box was inspired by Rae, who with a background in herbal medicine, and being a mother of four daughters, saw the importance of providing healthy, fresh and nutritious food to our children. Back in 2012, Rae saw the niche in a market filled with processed, preservative ridden canteen foods. She had an ambition to overhaul the traditional canteen menus in schools, but desired to do it on a larger scale. With the help of a business and food safety course, her faith, and her family, in 2013 she kickstarted My School Lunch Box, and has been working relentlessly since to service parents and children in the Blue Mountains Community, and beyond.
What we do:
Our main purpose is to overhaul the outdated and often unhealthy approach to school canteens. By reinventing a healthier menu, and transitioning to online ordering, we aim to improve the quality of the food for your child and the convenience for you.
After School Care Packs
Considering a lot of parents are required to work long hours, we decided to make an addition to our menu for those kids who frequent after school care or who participate in after school activities. Our after school care packs are made of non-perishable, yet nutritious foods to satisfy your child’s appetite in the hours between lunch and dinner.
Catering for School Functions
My School Lunch Box has always taken pride in catering for school functions, ranging from fundraisers, to sport carnivals and principle gatherings. We specialise in gourmet baguette and wrap platters, home made slices and fruit platters (with chocolate covered strawberries no less!), served on antique pewter trays. Gluten free, vegetarian and vegan options available. Enquiries for these events are to be taken over the phone, so we can gather what your requirements are and give you a quote.
Call Rae on 0425346704.
Lunches for local businesses
Local businesses are able to order from the My School Lunch Box menu. If your business is not listed, give us a call and we can arrange the inclusion to our website (0425346704). These lunches will be delivered between 12pm and 1pm depending on your location.
Why Choose My School Lunch Box?
- Healthiest food for each child
- Made fresh each day from the finest ingredients
- No preservatives, colours or flavours
- Convenient process for parents
- Kids aren’t carrying cash
- Delivery is free
- No volunteers needed
- Part of the real food movement
- Clean kitchen: receiving the highest level of cleanliness and hygiene as supervised by the Blue Mountains City Council health inspector.
You can check below to see if your school is on the list.
- Blaxland Public School, Blaxland NSW
- Blue Mountains Grammar Prep School, Springwood NSW
- Castlereagh Public School, Castlereagh NSW
- Ellison Public School, Springwood NSW
- Faulconbridge Public School, Faulconbridge NSW
- Leura Public School, Leura NSW
- St Thomas Aquinas, Springwood NSW
- Blue Mountains Grammar Junior School, Wentworth Falls NSW
- Our Lady Of the Nativity, Lawson NSW
- Lawson Public School, Lawson NSW
- St Canice Catholic School, Katoomba NSW
- Katoomba Public School, Katoomba NSW
- Nepean Christian School (K-12), Mulgoa NSW
- Korowal Private School (K-12), Hazelbrook NSW
- Turning Page, Springwood NSW
We also cater for local businesses. If you are interested in this service for your school, or business, please contact us via the details as follows.
For any further enquiries please don’t hesitate to contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
My School Lunch Box
Phone: 0425 346 704